Yesterday was a little better and we decided to be a bit more adventurous - so roast veggie and chicken salad it was. Sometimes it's the simple things that are the yummiest.
Hope you enjoy!
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed off
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 sweet potato, cut into thin wedges
- 2 carrots, cut into battons
- 2 spring onions, cut into battons
- 1 punnet of chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 small head of red romano lettuce, cut into bite size bits
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3tbsp balsamico
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp English mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C. Season the chicken with plenty of salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Mix together all the veggies and garlic in a large bowl and toss with salt, pepper and a generous glug of olive oil.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the oven and cook for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked and all juices run clear and the vegetables are soft and started to brown on the edges.
- In a lidded jar combine the balsamico, mustard, honey, a little salt and pepper and about 3-4 tbsp of olive oil. Close the lid firmly and shake-a-shake-shake until everything is well combined and has started to turn into a thick emulsion.
- Once everything is cooked, slice the chicken. Place the lettuce and tomatoes on plates, top with the roast veggies, drizzle with the vinaigrette and top with the meat. Done! Simple and healthy. Enjoy!!